Elder Law Resources
Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Alzheimer’s Community Care. A Florida based non-profit organization provides information on Alzheimer’s and dementia care in Florida. Offers adult day care and individualized plans to help your loved one receive the care they need.
- Alzheimer’s Association. National non-profit organization that provides resources and education for seniors and their caregivers. Information on Alzheimer’s and dementia treatments as well as message boards are available to the public. Sign up for their free weekly e-newsletter to receive up-to-date information on healthcare treatments, care, and research.
- Dementia and Sleep Disorders
- Safe Sleeping Guide for Seniors
- The Relationship Between Sleep and Memory
- The ARC. National non-profit organization with local chapters (including Florida). Offers various resources and educational material on disabilities and care. Local chapters provide individual advocacy and support services for disabled persons and their families.
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs. Offers resources for aging and disabled population. Includes database of Florida senior centers, senior services, and employment services for seniors. Links to Adult Protective Services and reporting elder abuse are available.
- Florida Bar Elder Law Section. Provide links to useful elder law resources such as legal rights of senior citizens, guardianship, and powers of attorney.
- Florida AARP. Florida division of AARP providing information and resources for Florida seniors. Find information on healthcare, news articles, personal finances, and taxes.
- Hospice of Palm Beach County. Non-profit hospice in Palm Beach County providing support to those at the end of their lives and to their families. Literature and forms are available in English and Spanish for caregivers.
Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and Affordable Senior Housing
- Medicare Nursing Home Compare. National website offering information on nursing homes nationwide. Includes detailed information on ratings and Medicaid acceptance. Searchable database based on address or location.
- Florida Senior Housing. Search for affordable senior housing and assisted living facilities in Florida. Includes helpful tools such as rental checklists, assisted living facilities listed by city, and adult family care homes.
- Aid & Attendance Program. Details benefits and eligibility requirements of the VA Aid & Attendance Program. The site outlines the program and provides specific wartimes eligibility periods.
- VA Burial Benefits. Veterans may receive burial benefits for service related and non-service related deaths. Eligibility, document/evidence requirements, and how to apply are provided on the site.