Commitment to Community Service
A Tradition of Volunteerism & Social Action
- Over 425 hours of legal services donated annually to the elderly & those with disabilities on Medicaid, SSI and Special Needs Trusts.
- Free legal advice to the legal aid society for special needs trusts for the disabled.
- Volunteer service as Vice – Chair of Alzheimer’s Community Care & perennial sponsor of its annual Palm Beach Gala. A.C.C. which is dedicated to patients and their families by promoting dignity & quality of life, assuring appropriate standards for quality care, promoting local education and training & encouraging research into effective treatment & cure.
- Volunteer services as Attorney for the state of Florida Long-Term Care Ombudsman Council, Palm Beach District, since 1997. The ombudsman program provides volunteer advocates for nursing home and assisted living facility residents rights enforcement and performs annual inspections of these facilities.
- Volunteer service as a member of the Senior Impact Group of United Way, of Palm Beach County. The committee is dedicated to enriching the lives of seniors through allocation of monies for special senior projects.
- Initiated the establishment of the Elder Justice Center for Palm Beach County Courthouse. The center provides guidance & referrals to persons over 60 who have matters pending before the court. It ensures persons over 60 have full access to the courts. Provides information & makes recommendations to the court regarding the special needs of persons over 60 who are involved in the court.
- Perennial Area Agency on Aging sponsor of the Shalloway & Shalloway, P.A. Elder Advocate Award. This award acknowledges the advocacy efforts of a selected senior in the community covering Palm Beach County, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River & Okeechobee Counties.
- Past service as Vice President of Area Agency on Aging for Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, & Okeechobee counties.
- Recognized by the Palm Beach County Bar Association for 25 years of faithful service to the bench, bar & public in Palm Beach County.
- Recipient of the Volunteer Award for Mental Health Association of Palm Beach County.
- Past service as Co-Chairs of the Alzheimer=s Educational Conference and Dinner.
- Participant in the Palm Beach County “Paint Your Heart Out”.
- Recipient of the Area Agency on Aging Business Volunteer Award in 1993 and 1994.
- The Team sponsor of the Palm Beach Gardens Youth Athletic Association Softball.
- Past Sponsor of the annual Alzheimer’s Education Conference.
- Area Agency on Aging Supporter of Annual Prime Time Senior Volunteer Recognition Event.
- Recipient of the Business & Aging Community Caring Award Certificate of Appreciation from the Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach/Treasure Coast, Inc., Meeting the
- Needs of Seniors in Our Community.
- Certificate of Appreciation by the Alzheimer’s Association for volunteering in the chapter’s Emergency Respite Assistance Program.
Recipient of Awards of Appreciation for support of the Palm Beach Gardens/ North Palm Beach Softball.